Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekend Life - Sunday Trail Walks

Black-Water Creek Trail
Finally, the weather is mild enough to start early morning outings with Carr on the weekends.  We are very fortunate to live nearby the Black Water Creek Trail and I plan to take full advantage of this.  Our morning started early, it was a bit overcast by the days forecast did not call for rain so I didn't worry.  Ah, little did I know!
There are many entrances to the trail, I chose this one because it was unknown.  I am so glad I did!  It is exceptionally beautiful and very safe for walks with a little one.



As soon as we got there it started raining, first very lightly then it really got heavy but we were there already.  My fondest memories as a child involved rain, puddles and nature.  So I decided to proceed and I am so glad I did.  Carr had a great time.



 We walked for about an hour, stopping and looking at leaves, sticks and insects.  He loves nature and I try to encourage it as much as I can.

Carr is so funny, everyone he came across he would greet and try to make conversation.  He is the most social child I have ever met.

 By now he is soaked through and tired of jumping on every puddle that he came across.  We headed back, tired, hungry and wet.

What did you do over the weekend?   How do you encourage love for nature with your child?

No comments:

Post a Comment