Saturday, May 7, 2011

Not just another Mother's Day post

photo National Geographic

Relationships are hard, at least the ones that count.  It takes love, patience, and time to understand the people you love and time to live and maybe experience similar situations.  My story begins a very long time ago, 41 years to be exact.  My mom was a newly widow in a foreign country and about to have her baby.  Just the thought of this gives me shudders, just to imagine how lonely she felt.  From then on, it's been a ride to say the least.  My mom has been there for me always, even when I didn't want her to be.  She sacrificed herself so many times that it shames me to admit.  My mom would give her life for her children in a heart-beat.  

She is long winded, annoying, meddlesome, and out right incorrigible. We've had our rough patches but we have always loved each other above things.  There are some many things that I would love to tell her.  The main one is I AM SORRY.  I am sorry for being so pig-headed, for the sleepless nights waiting up for me to get home, for thinking I knew best and most of all for not being there when you needed me the most.  I wish that I could take back the tears and worries I gave you.  I was a tomboy that kept you busy in my early years, a snotty teenager and a very rebellious youth. You had your hands full and miraculously you survived my brother and I, always holding yourself graceful and soft spoken.

I want to THANK HER for teaching me to be selfless, for understanding the meaning of sacrifice and never expecting anything in return for a good deed.  She is the one that instilled in me my calling for service and my discipline and hard work.  She is the one that pushed me to reach for the stars and to never be complacent with any goals reached.  She is the one that expected nothing but the best from me.  I hope that I have made her proud.



HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment