Sunday, August 2, 2009

Menu Planner

I am taking my best friends suggestion and posting my two week menu planner. In these tough times it's hard to save money and also enjoy healthy good meals. One of the first things we took off our budget was eating out, but we still crave those gourmet foods. This was my solution to this, I starting cooking more involved foods, this might seem more time consuming but with a little planning, it can even help you save money at the grocery store.

Menu week one (aug 2nd thru aug 8th)

Sunday
Grilled Flank Steak and shrimp with sweet breads and salad

Monday
Mini Pork Loins with onion suace couple with green beans and almond salad

Tuesday
Cken drummettes coupled with butternut squash squares and browned butter

Wednesday
Baked Salmon with baby bok choy salad with cashews

Thursday
Italian pasta and homemade garlic bread

Friday
Teriyacki Shrimp and Sausage Stir fry and rice

Saturday
London Broil and twice baked potatoes

Week two (aug 9th thru aug 15th)

Sunday
Mussels and angel hair pasta

Monday
Cken breasts with creamed spinach and bacon

Tuesday
Italian peppers with tomato sauce on hoaggies

Wednesday
Tilapia and mash potatoes

Thursday
Stuffed peppers

Friday
Tacos and Spanish rice

Saturday
Pork Tenderloin with roasted white and green asparagus

So this is how it works. I buy a whole pork tenderloin and butcher it to my needs. I cut it by half and I have a loin to cook for Saturday. I then cut 4 mini loins and what is left I cut some medallions for another meal. One tenderloin makes 3 meals, and what did I spend $8.00 on sale. I bought a London Broil for $ 11.00 and I cut it in half and serves for two meals. This is only helpful for a two adult household but you can get the jest of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment