Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Micky Mouse Clubhouse

Dear Disney,

I would like to know what is going on with your programming.  I am writing to you not only as a mommy but as a 40 year old fan.  Honestly, I cannot stand the teeny boppy TV programming you have gotten into.  Where is Mickey?  How do you expect parents to feel compelled to take their children to your parks, buy your products, if there is no buy in by our kids.  There is nothing to bond my child with your franchise anymore unless I wake up at 4 am to watch Little Einsteins, 6 am to watch Imagination Movers, and 8 am to watch Mickey's Clubhouse.  I want you to know I am not particularly fond of much TV time but you were a staple on Saturday mornings ever since my son was 6 months old.  I would sit with him and sing a-long, it was something that took me back to a simpler time in my life.  We were so fortunate that when my son turned 8 months,  I was sent to a seminar at Disney World, did not even blink a second guess in taking my child.  Plans were made to return when he was 5 years old, at this rate I really find no reason to.  I feel you have lost the magic that drew generations of children to you and your characters.  I want the enchantment back!

So long Disney, hope you wise up soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment