Saturday, December 27, 2008

My baby's first Christmas!


A photo album and random thoughts dedicated to my son Carr



The picking of the Christmas tree!

I don't know who's happier, Carr or myself.

Chip and Carr had been sick for about two weeks off and on, I really thought we wouldn't have the time, energy or health to do this. I wanted my son to experience Christmas from beginning to end. It just seemed unfair, I had missed the autumn photograph because we really didn't put a real effort to get it done. Halloween came by and Carr had his vaccines on that day! I didn't want to miss this, I wanted him to have these photos and live these memories. OK, I know he won't remember but I will and I'll tell them to him.


I love my husband dearly, he and Ricky did most of the decorating. I apologize I am a terrible photographer, the tree turned out gorgeous!

I like to theme my trees, this year I decided to go golden. Just like the year we have had, its been hard economically but by the grace of God, we have managed to have everything and then some for Carr, go to Sand bridge beach for summer vacation, Disney world and now Atlanta. My child has traveled more than some people do in a lifetime. Everything I have wanted to give my child and have him experience, I ended up doing. Funny how things just work out and if you stop and appreciate those moments somehow everything else seems to take care of itself.



wrapping and wrapping of Christmas presents...I really do not understand how it has turned into something very significant, sometimes more than the present itself. Every year, I go into this with feverish resolve, they (the wrapping) will be unique, standout and even represent something of myself. And ultimately at the end, I always promise myself that next year I won't get caught up in this again.

Did I say gifts? There were plenty of them, and we stayed within budget! I was surprised of how smart I was this year. I managed to buy everyone something important and heartfelt. I even bought most of my co-workers gifts. Some gingerbread cookies, some Thailand coin purses, some Christmas candy. It wasn't much but everyone was very surprised and touched. Token of appreciation aren't supposed to be expensive, they are supposed to be thought out.


My son's beloved Elmo. I swear I don't understand it. My son loves puppets and live action characters. He is turned off by cartoons. I even had to buy him a Barney DVD, it had his favorite songs.

When we decided to go to Atlanta, I thought it would be a good idea to buy everyone Christmas PJ's. At home, it is tradition to open gifts on Christmas Eve, I had already decided to start this tradition with Carr, allowing him to open 1 gift on Christmas Eve. When we decided to go to Aunt Holly's, I didn't want to lose something I wanted to do with my small family but I didn't want to impose. I thought the PJ idea was both subtle and thoughtful, my child opened his present and everyone else had a chance to do the same.
I also think everyone should have Christmas PJ's.

to be continued...



1 comment:

  1. I love my christmas pj's, it's a wonderful idea.
    thank you for all you did to make my christmas so wonderful.
    MIL

    ReplyDelete