Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Years Resolutions

I have had this post in the making since December 28th. Why December 28th and not any other date? That is the day that I came to realization that I needed "to improve" and re-organize certain aspects of my life.

You see when Carr was born my husband and I were still living in the "Just Married" paradigm, and we never adjusted it to incorporate the changes that like it or not were happening. Almost two years to the day, I have become aware that it is just not reasonable to keep this up. We have literally been living for today. There has not been any thoughts or discussions about our future nor Carr's. Much of it has to do with Chip going to college, we have tricked ourselves into believing that this is just a waiting pad and that "tomorrow" will be a different story. Well in the meantime we have rising student loans, his and mine, credit card debt and no future back up plan.

Maybe it is that I am turning 40 this year (yes, I started late) and I'm going through a mid-life crisis, or it is just the right time to do this...I don't know. What I do know is that I have been reading many, many blogs about simplifying your life, savings and get out of debt books. They all have something in common, they make me feel very guilty. So what I plan to do, is still read them but make reasonable choices for my family and try and post every week something that I learned. I am a working mom and a full time homemaker, so essentially my time is limited. I know that there are many like me out there, so I will save you the time and guilt to scan through this and post the bare bones of it. If your interested in learning more of something or another you can follow the links and get it from the horses mouth.

Huge disclaimer: This is all about interpretation and what is good for us "today" may not be something that is recommendable for tomorrow. Also I am not a finances person, I am just a hard working mom. So please don't take my word for it, research, read and ask questions. My goal is to have my family organized, saving, and debt free, what might be good for me may be poison for you.

If you're going through the same situation, I wish you luck and if you have some advise for me please post a comment. I have a lot to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment