Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sometimes life gets worse before it gets better

This is meant to be a small note with some updates.  Unfortunately, my work is highly confidential as it deals with others and their matters.  Out of respect, I cannot comment on goings on even though the issues impact me life in a very personal way.  All I can say is that 2011 has brought with it a black cloud that "we" cannot shake or dissipate.  In the 4 months that have past, we have lost 3 co-workers.  Their loss has impacted everyone.  Dealing with loss and an unstable economy have been the challenges I have had to face this year, it has made me anxious, sometimes too focused and most of all very sad.  At the hype of all this, I could no longer carry all the sorrow and uncertainty and gave it up to God.  I stepped away and recognized that I could no longer do it on my own. 
Today, I feel better, even though everything remains the same (for now), I feel that I can rely on a higher power to help me through so much sadness, help me not bring it home and affect my family.  That everything does happen for a reason - that is unknown to me - but that nevertheless will be self-evident in the future.
I want to apologize for the sad posts and the looming feeling and disregard.  I alone could not carry the burden and it showed in all aspects of my life.  Today, the sun is shining (literally) finally and I plan to spend the day with my little bug.  If I have learned something out of all this is that you should never take anything for granted.  You might not get a second chance.  Go and love on your family and friends and give yourself a break - Life is too short!

Source: etsy.com via Ivonne on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment