Thursday, February 5, 2009

A year ago

A year ago, 01/27/2008, Dabney Carr III was born. My husband Chip and I were surrounded by family and friends. I really cannot put into words my experience of it all. When I think about it, it's a jumble of feelings and sensations but all and all the utter peace of it all always leaves me speechless. It is as though, this is what God intended for me all along.
Carr was born at 1:45 pm and because of some complications I did not get to hold my child until 2:30 pm. But when I touched him for the first time, when I finally met him...again, speechless.




This past year has been a ride, we have grown as a family and as individuals. God has blessed us with a healthy boy. We have come a long way, from being utterly terrified to constantly in awe. I want to thank my son for making me a better person. I have had lessons in patience, strength, and selflessness. I have also become more focused and resolute. Funny how life unfolds.

I love you son.

Here is my fav pics of this past year:




















It has been one crazy year! I want to thank my mother-in-law Lynn, my father-in-law Dabney and my husband Chip.

No comments:

Post a Comment