Monday, February 21, 2011

Finally...The Birthday Post - 3 years

I am a very lucky and blessed mom.  Sometimes I am luckier than I deserve.  It was the first week of January and I still had no secure place to celebrate my son's birthday.  Every time the thought of celebrating Carr's birthday at our apartment came up, I would start hyperventilating.  Wall to wall carpeting and any amount of 3 to 4 year old toddlers, do not mix.  But then that voice in your head says, you wouldn't dare not celebrate it!  I frantically started making phone calls, only to find out that many of the venues were booked 2 months in advance, even McDonald's doesn't do birthdays (yes, I was that desperate!) and that whatever place had availability was very expensive.  That said, I am glad I invested the money in this particular venue.  It is called Amazement Square.  Please visit their website, they are an incredible organization! Taken from their site, they define themselves as follows: "Amazement Square is Central Virginia's first multidisciplinary, hands-on children's museum!"



That said, I truly couldn't have pulled this all of without my husband.  He stood there while I "decorated" the cake (2am the night before).  He took care of Carr while I prepared everything and ran around at the museum.  Most importantly, he kept me calm and sane.  That, my friends is priceless.


All his little buddies were there.  Funny story:  all my son's friends, his little social circle, are children of friends of ours way back to college times.  How cool is that!  We have gone through break-ups, make-ups, weddings, pregnancies and now we face toddler mayhem together.  It was so nice looking at these photos and just reminescing how far we've come.


We have signed up to be members of the museum.  it is such a great place, I hope to take more photos and do them justice.  My son loved the farm exihibit most of all.



There is a common saying "It takes a village to bring up a child" and I believe this to be true.  I want to thank my family and my friends for helping, supporting and witnessing these important moments in my child's life.


No comments:

Post a Comment