Saturday, January 1, 2011

Winter wonderland - white Christmas?


This photo was taken about a week before Christmas, this is what you can see from my MIL back porch. 

There is nothing quite like waking up early in the morning to this.  Crisp air, the smell of freshly made coffee and the Christmas tree lite up.  I am not that old that I don't remember how fun it was to play in the snow and have hot chocolate but I much prefer my old age, sitting by a window and knitting while my husband flips through channels on the TV.  I am a homebody and love staying home during every season but snowy cold days are very special to me.


My son on the other hand thoroghly enjoys the outdoors, especially snowy cold days.  He is such a boys boy that it blows my mind.  He would stay outdoors in the snow for hours if I would let him.

By the way, we did get a white Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment