Monday, January 17, 2011

Freedom of Speech

If it's never our fault, we can't take responsibility for it. If we can't take responsibility for it, we'll always be its victim. 
Richard Bach

MySpace Graphics


I want to introduce you to a good friend of mine, her name is Roxy MtJoy.  I met her in July 2007, during the time my beloved college turned coeducational.  Just 2 years prior, I had graduated from Randolph Macon Woman's College.  Through the entire lengthy process of  contesting this change, late night meetings, email chains, petition letters, etc.  there was a voice that stood out, she made sense, and she inspired many women to listen, her name...Roxy.  While I stood around sometimes tongue tied at the inexplicable sadness of it all, she seemed to find the right words to inspire and to comfort.  
Roxy has her own blog Foxy by Nature.  and frquently writes for Change.OrgWhich leads me to explain the purpose of this post, Freedom of Speech and tolerance or the lack of it.  I am inviting you to weigh in on a timeless debate:  What is actually protected speech?  Roxy explains it very eloquently in her January post Hate this.  I would really love feedback, your thoughts are welcomed here. I hope that you enjoy her articles as much as I.




No comments:

Post a Comment